Saturday, January 19, 2008

Back by popular demand

Well...one person mentioned me briefly. I promise to try for at least a weekly post in the future.

I've been settling into my job at Downhill Medical Center and Resort for the Undead. It's been a transition that I wasn't ready for.

Don't get me wrong, I love the autonomy that we have here. My problem is that we have a large university medical center down the road from us. So while they get all of the stabbings, shootings, MVAs, ecmo babies, blunt force trauma, general trauma, heart transplants and "Hey ya'll, watch this" stunts we get the leftovers. I would say that octogenerians, ODs and belly surgeries gone horribly arwy makes up 80% of our vent business. In fact, it's so bad we have a long-term care facility within our hospital so they don't have to take a long bumpy ambulance ride to the vent farm.

I am by no means complaining. I love my job and wouldn't trade it. However there are times when I would love to see a good trauma roll in the door. You don't know what you will miss until you give it up.

Respiratory Terrorist

People love me here, even though I can be an asshole.

1 comment:

Rick Frea said...

Cool to have you back. You could come to my hospital and blog all night.